Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

What Are You Wearing?

So as I'm sitting here watching the Golden Globes (and what the eff is Jennifer Lopez not wearing?!), I starting thinking about what I wear. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say, "I wish I could wear that, but I'm not small enough." Or, "That style isn't made for people this size." And I get that you have to dress in a way that flatters your body. But that does NOT mean that you can't be trendy, or take fashion risks, or feel confident in yourself. Those attributes are not reserved for those who wear a size 2. I'm not. But I wear skinny jeans...

Being festive with our office Santa.
horizontal, nautical stripes...

With my amazing little man - don't you love this face?!?!
off the shoulder shirts...

Date night with my other man - see what I mean about the restaurant pics?
and countless other things that maybe someone thinks I "shouldn't." But guess what? If I feel like I look good, I'm wearing it. You don't like it? Turn the hell around.

So, from time to time, if I'm feeling particularly fabulous, I'll post some of my favorite outfits here. Because, even though I'm working toward an end goal, I think it's important to feel good now, too.

What about you? Do you wear outfits that other people might not like? Do you care what they say?








No comments:

Post a Comment