Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chasing Pavement

When it comes to working out, I'm not the greatest runner in the world. Even more, I loathe the treadmill. Hello, shin splints! So when I'm at the gym, I'm usually in the pool or on the bike.

I'm not sure where you are, but today in Pittsburgh it was 60 degrees. On Monday, it will be snowing again, but today the skies were dry and the snow melted. Did I really want to spend the one warm day between now and May inside pedaling away to muted ESPN? Yeah, not so much.

So I laced up my Brooks and hit the pavement. And as I'm sitting here typing this I am unbelievably sore but I did it! I haven't run in three years, since I got hurt in week 3 of couch to 5k training. Three years and a surgery last September later, I'm starting again. One foot in front of another - a metaphor for this whole thing.

Yes, I'm slow, but I got up and got moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment