Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

One Week In - Adjusting Expectations

Today marks one week in since I started talking (here!) about my get-healthy journey. So how's it going?

Not so bad! I lost 1.3 pounds over the course of the week. Almost a pound and a half? I'll take it!

I'm not going to lie; part of me wanted to see a bigger number. Like the first week I began Weight Watchers, I lost 3+ pounds. So not so secretly, I was hoping for something similar. But what do all of the experts say? All together now: "1-2 pounds a week." So yeah, I'll take it.

I worked out - hard. I pushed my body. I realized that I don't have to go out and binge eat to be happy. I found some of the confidence that I've lost over the past few years. So do I call it a success?

Damn straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment