Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

33 While 33


I apologize for my absence these past couple of days - I was in a foul mood and followed the M.O. if I don't have anything nice to say, I wasn't saying anything at all. So I went radio silence, but I have been thinking a lot about this post.

33 While 33

Ok, I turned 33 on January 3. But rather than spending this year just working toward an overall healthy living goal, I want to focus on 33 goals. Some are smaller, some are more lofty. Some are related to healthy eating, some to fitness, and some are more life-focused. And because my birthday is a little more than a month past, I threw in some gimmes - a few that I've already accomplished this year that I can cross off the list. A little bit of a jump start. So, without further adieu...

1. Start a healthy living and fitness blog.

2. Track my food and exercise on My Fitness Pal daily.

3. Try one new recipe every two weeks.

4. Make hitting the gym an appointment I'm not willing to break.

5. Go back to Spinning class.

6. Try a new group exercise class at the gym.

7. Do one thing for just for me every week.

8. Swim one mile in the pool at the gym.

9. Get organized - paperwork, etc.

10. Organize my closet.

11. Turn the basement into a divided laundry room-gameroom.

12. Paint the baseboards.

13. Finish the kitchen wall redo (beadboard? Like I said, some are lofty!)

14. Read a new book a month.

15. Toy overhaul.

16. Focus on eating more seasonal vegetables.

17. Plant a vegetable and herb garden this summer.

18. Play outside more often with Joe and Nicholas.

19. Take a family vacation.

20. Ride a bicycle outside. (I haven't done this since they passed a helmet law in my hometown when I was 12. I was afraid of helmet hair. Yes, that's 21 years, no bike.)

21. Go to the movies. I haven't been since The Hangover. The first one.

22. Go to a farmer's market.

23. Try more local restaurants. (aka, fewer chains)

24. Get a pedicure before summer.

25. Get up earlier. (Getting to work earlier = coming home earlier. Score!)

26. Take more pictures!!!!!

27. Post my recipes on this here blog. Healthy and not - moderation is key!

28. Be more independent.

29. Don't allow myself to feel guilty.

30. Overhaul my closet - if I don't feel good in it, it's gone. Life is too short to feel frumpy.

31. Stop allowing people to push me around.

32. Take Nicholas to his first baseball game.

33. Enjoy the moment when I'm in it. Life is too short to look back and wish you'd enjoyed it more.

Wow, that was harder than I thought! Like I said, some are more concrete than others. But that's ok, it's my list. Here we go!

Do you have any goals for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment